Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Life Lately...

I know I've been a negligent blogger lately. My apologies, though I don't have any expectation that my posts will come more frequently. Y'all, life's busy - even right now when one of our vehicles has been in the shop for two and half weeks, leaving the children and I grounded - some days homeschooling and answering a quarter of a jillion questions and sort of feeding people and taking care of the home, it's all I can do. I'm not apologizing for that. THAT's my job.
This right here, this is a privilege - one that I've had neither the time or energy to do anything about. Oh well.
Wanna know what we've been up to in the last few months? 

The short answer is not much.

We've had our share of sickness (as you may recall I had shingles which gave all the children chicken pox). The girls had chicken pox during the week we were supposed to take vacation - that was a big bummer, we'd been stoked for months to get to go to the beach. The shingles reared it's head again for me - not in the actual blistery rash, but in horrible postural headaches/migraines (this means I was pretty much okay if laying down, but after 15 minutes upright this pressure at the base of my skull was killing me). The neurologist thought the virus had inflamed my nerve-beds and thankfully a round of steroids took care of the pain. And for one more dose of strange sickness, Hattie had a back ache/stomach ache for about a week - which turned out to be a UTI, but it didn't present any symptoms that would have made me think, "Oh this might be a UTI."

Thankfully, we've had several weeks of wellness. What a delight!

We began meeting with our Jr Co-Op this fall. It's a once a month group studying U.S. Geography and the body systems with the elementary school kids, and trying to keep sane with the three and under group...we've got about a dozen littles!
We also participated in a Christmas Around the World dinner last week. Honestly, I was so exhausted, I really wanted to chicken out and not even go, but somehow we pulled some food and research together and presented about a Norwegian Christmas. We also learned about Iceland, Ireland, Spain, Russia, China, and France. It was a fun night and opportunity to try lots of foreign foods.

In November, we got to make a quick trip to Kentucky. We weren't able to be there for Thanksgiving, but it was nice to get to see our family there. It'd had been about a year since we'd seen everyone, and high time!

And now, Christmas season is upon us. It's so nice and cozy to have our little tree and Christmas lights up and about us, to have various gatherings to attend, to have gifts bought and wrapped (and Hidden from the children!) One of our traditions is make hot chocolate when it snows -- uh, it doesn't snow here. I may need to amend this tradition, but it's not to say we can't have hot cocoa on other days, but Swiss Miss isn't exactly dairy free - and it takes more effort to make a pot full on the stove for everyone. Anyway, I'm cold and wish I had some hot chocolate now. Lol.

I'm also hungry. Which signals the end of this blog post!


Be on the look out for a new book review in the next week or so. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment